Monday, April 6, 2009

My Own Epic Drama; My Own Scripted Page

"Rough Draft," Yellowcard

I overheard one of my students berating a sibling last week, and I started thinking about how easy it is to blame, criticize, judge, and condemn people we care about. Therefore, a tribute to my four siblings: biological or step, they're all certainly a part of my past, and will continue to affect and influence my future.

My brother Paul can be quiet, pensive, and brooding, but is also one of the wittiest and funniest people I know. He is passionate about music and can create melodies and lyrics encompassing teenage angst, loss and heartache, and life lessons with equal parts cynicism, honesty, and hope. While we were terrific at annoying each other growing up, he's one of my closest friends and knows me better than most.







My brother Chris is the most laid-back person I've ever met. He takes life as it comes, works hard, and plays harder. Chris doesn't let opportunities pass him by, and he finds adventures and takes risks wherever and whenever he can. As an avid surfer, skater, and snowboarder, his life and views are shaped by positive extremes.







My sister Brittany is observant, introspective, and strong. She can be indecisive, but only because she looks out for the best interests of others. She is brave and generous. She marches to the beat of her own distinct drum, which this year led her onto San Francisco State's rugby team. Brittany loves animals, treats everyone with respect, and has a heart of gold.







My sister Chelsea is the youngest, and she is wild, silly, strong-willed, and kind. She loves to laugh and entertain, and is my go-to source for all the latest rap music. She's a fantastic dancer, and teaches my mom all the latest moves. She has the perfect mix of generosity, tolerance, and rebelliousness. She has a great sense of humor and the unique ability to put up with the four of us as older siblings...







"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds."
-Edward Abbey


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Now where's the picture of your Dad and Lucky!!