Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night

"I Gotta Feeling," Black Eyed Peas

I have to agree with Thomas Jefferson: "I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial." This sentiment seems fitting, since I spent last weekend with some of my best and oldest friends (and lots and lots of wine).

Because I have some of the best friends in the world, I went to Napa last weekend for my bachelorette party and had an incredible time. Amidst silly dances, scandalous and inappropriate gifts, and entirely too much wine, there was also the perfect amount of sentimentality, happy tears, immensely humbling speeches, bonding, and lots of laughter and happiness. My friends rented a 3-bedroom house (complete with a GREAT yard and spacious living area) and we spent one night in and one night out on the town. In between, we went wine tasting at 5 of Napa's infamous wineries: Domaine Carneros, Mumm, Girard, Peju, and Chandon. The wine was delicious, the weather picturesque, the conversation plentiful, and the friendships unparalleled. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I do know I'm so grateful.














"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

No comments: