Thursday, July 9, 2009

As Long as the Planets Are Turning...

"I'd Do Anything for Love," Meatloaf

Two weekends ago, Chuck and Debbie hosted an amazing pre-wedding celebration/couples shower for Tim and me. We arrived early Saturday morning, and the house was completing decorated: balloons, streamers, posters, a cake with our picture on it, gifts...it was absolutely incredible. Moments later, the girls left for pedicures and the boys went off to spend the day skeet shooting. After the pedicure, Debbie had arranged for a (fully stocked!) limo to whisk the girls off to a full day of wine tasting, appetizers, presents, and fun. I honestly didn't have words; the generosity was overwhelming and we had an absolute blast. At the end of the day, we arrived back to Chuck and Debbie's house to a full-blown party, complete with catered food, a DJ, and a karaoke machine. I had had ENTIRELY too much wine at this point, considered myself Michael Jackson incarnate (too soon for those jokes?) and proceeded to sing (read: butcher) at least a dozen songs, including (of course) this blog post's title reference. My dad (ever the camera enthusiast) has a few of these brutal numbers, in their entirety, on his video camera. I am spending the upcoming weekend with him, and plan to allow these tapes to accidentally fall into the burning fireplace. All in all, the weekend was spectacular and Tim and I were rendered speechless by Chuck and Debbie's efforts.




No comments: