Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Magic Kind of Medicine

"One Particular Harbour," Jimmy Buffett

School is OUT. Summer is HERE. Life is GOOD.

So far, my summer has consisted of avoiding laundry, self-addressing wedding invitations and realizing just how inadept I am at calligraphy, cleaning the apartment, running on the beach, drinking beers at Pizza Port, failing miserably at Wii, forgetting to take Bailey out, and making up words like "inadept." I started reading Wally Lamb's "The Hour I First Believed" two days ago, and my mind is still wrapping itself around the idea of pleasure reading-- I have to wrestle the part of my brain that still thinks I should be circling the (vast number of) unknown vocabulary words in Jane Eyre or deciphering Shakespeare's language in Taming of the Shrew.

Obligatory random observations to make up for weeks of not posting:

1) Yesterday I downloaded "Jai Ho," the theme song from Slumdog Millionaire. I loved the movie. I thought I loved the song. Apparently, I only like the 20 seconds or so played in the movie trailer. Plus, Tim thinks the song is called "Giant Ho," which of course he belts out intermittently as the song plays.

2) We saw The Hangover last night, and it's hilarious. Highly recommended-- it's up there with Wedding Crashers!

3) There is a spider nest in the corner of our bathroom, situated poignantly behind the trash can, which I have cleverly avoided for months now. I am certain the Queen (I realize this is a terms for bees and their hives, but somehow it seems fitting here) has tripled in size, and I momentarily fear for Bailey's life when he comes near the bathroom door.

4) I really, REALLY love Jimmy Buffett and wish he could play at our wedding.

5) I am really, REALLY excited for August 16. :)

No comments: