Monday, December 22, 2008

It's All Worth Waiting For

"Windmills," Toad the Wet Sprocket

I'm currently:

Reading: Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card; The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
Listening: Kings of Leon, Only By the Night; The Killers, Day and Age; Kenny Chesney, Lucky Old Sun
Enjoying:
Sleeping in, 7-11 hot chocolate, The Office re-runs
Procrastinating: Grading Poe/Twain essays, laundry, packing

Some of my favorite moments from the last few weeks:

Marisa, in fear of getting sick before her holiday trip to China, wore snow boots and cotton balls in her ears (to keep the cold air out, apparently) to school:


Holiday parties with old friends:


Melissa came to visit and made AMAZING margaritas (Minute Maid lime-aid, tangerine juice, and Cazadores):


Bailey snuggling under the covers:


Picking out and decorating the Christmas tree:


Holiday pictures:


I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
I'm sure happy with what I've got

I live to love and laugh a lot

And that's all I need...


"Never Wanted Nothing More," Kenny Chesney

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Ok, for the record, I was sick at the time and I was STILL sick in 0 degree weather in China and it was awful (awesome! but awful). I guess, clearly, the cotton balls and snow boots did not actually help...