Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Summer's Out of Reach...

"Boys of Summer," Don Henley

Me: Cliches are basically phrases that are so overused, they've lost their meanings and don't sound like formal language. You never want to use them in formal writing. Somebody give me an example...you guys might want to write the examples down in your notes.
Bree: I can't move a muscle.
Ethan: All's well that ends well.
Zach: ...like having sex on prom night.
Me: Please don't write that in your notes.

Me: Okay, there's a little more background information I want you to have before we start reading. Please take out a piece of paper.
Mike: More notes? Dude, you're killing me, brah.
Me: Excuse me. Did you just call me "bro?"
Mike: No. I called you "brah."

I think it's going to be a good year...

No comments: