Monday, February 16, 2009

Watch the Rain Play on the Ocean Top

"I'd Rather Be with You," Joshua Radin

Tim and I spent the weekend in Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez for wedding planning and the grand opening of the new Backdoor Boardshop (the skate/surf/snow shop Chris manages). The new location is on the other side of Solvang, and the space is two-story and easily twice as big. Lots of people came out for food, live music, a shop-skate-deck decorating contest, a skate show, and support.




It's raining. Bailey and I are reduced to sitting inside, grading in-class essays, hoping the pile of dishes in the sink washes itself, and watching Lifetime movies. And listening to music. Speaking of, Jimmy Buffett is coming to Irvine May 21 and Chula Vista October 15. AND Billy Joel and Elton John are touring together. AND Jack's Mannequin and Matt Nathansen are coming to SOMA on May 21 (but the Killers are only going to Nor-Cal). AAAANNNNNNDDD RENT is in Hollywood at the end of this month. Forget buying a house; I need concert tickets!!! :)

"I've got my hush-puppies on,
I guess I never was meant for glitter rock and roll..."

No comments: