Monday, May 19, 2008

Well I Guess This is Growing Up

Title Reference: Blink 182, "Dammit"

I'm through unpacking the UCLA boxes, and I figured I'd share another daybook entry. For those of you that are unaware, "daybooks" are the name for the journals that we kept through the primary grades at my elementary school. Sometimes entries were responses to prompts, while other times we were instructed to write about whatever we wanted. Generally speaking, when our task was the latter, my go-to entry was a single sentence: "I like ___________," accompanied by a mess of crayon and stick-appendaged people. I can only assume the following entry was prompt-driven; "What is important about you?"

Ironically, I did not address why my brother ever fell down in the first place...and, unfortunately, that answer is not clear in the drawing of him crying on the bed. The picture does pose other questions, however:

1) Why do Paul and I live in a one-room house?
2) Is that a pony-tail in my hair?
3) Can Paul levitate?

* * *

Completely unrelated....we have an L-shaped couch! It's beautiful and fits multiple people comfortably, which is more than can be said for the futon that has now become the couch/bed in the guest room. AND YES, that is a sliding glass door behind the couch...double entry/exit into the apartment! We're moving up in the world.

1 comment:

Jen Longpre said...

Can't wait to crash on the couch! Or wait, do I get a room now? Can't wait to see the new place. Miss you guys!!