Monday, December 19, 2011

Sing it Loud and Sing it Strong

"Silvio," Bob Dylan

Last year in my Top Ten Albums of 2010 post, I spent a little time summarizing each disc and discussing why I thought it deserved a spot on the coveted list. This year, I don't really feel like doing that...perhaps due to my lengthy previous post on fall shows, or maybe because it took too much brain power last year to honestly try using words to do justice to these incredible accomplishments. Therefore, in absolutely no  particular order, my top ten albums of 2011:

1. Red Hot Chili Peppers: I'm With You
Favorite Songs: "Brendan's Death Song" and "Even You Brutus?"


2. Bon Iver: Bon Iver
Favorite Songs: "Calgary," "Beth/Rest," "Towers"



3. Bright Eyes: The People's Key
Favorite Songs: "Ladder Song," "One For You, One For Me"


4. Cold War Kids: Mine is Yours
Favorite Songs: "Royal Blue," "Finally Begin," "Louder Than Ever"


5. Drake: Take Care
Favorite Songs: "Crew Love" and "Headlines"


6. Jay-Z and Kanye West: Watch the Throne
Favorite Songs: "Who Gon Stop Me," "N****s in Paris," "No Church in the Wild"


7. Cut Copy: Zonoscope
Favorite Songs: "Need You Now" and "Where I'm Going"


8. My Morning Jacket: Circuital
Favorite Songs: "Outta My System," "Circuital, "Wonderful (The Way I Feel)," "Movin' Away"


9. Unwritten Law: Swan
Favorite Songs: "Nevermind," "Dark Dayz," "Sing," "Love Love Love," "On My Own"



10. Wilco: The Whole Love
Favorite Songs: "Born Alone," "Whole Love," "One Sunday Morning"

No comments: