Monday, October 11, 2010

If I Get Home Before Daylight...

 ...I just might get some sleep tonight
"Friend of the Devil," Grateful Dead

Grades are due at noon tomorrow; I'm DEFINITELY not done grading a huge stack of Sylvia Plath/Langston Hughes AP comparison essays, and it's already 10:30 PM. Tim and I went to Justin and Melissa's (beautiful!) wedding in Sacramento this weekend and had a blast--SUCH a happy couple, and SO good to see all of Tim's Michigan friends--, although "dehydrated" and "exhausted" are certainly two words at the top of my current list of About Me adjectives.

I have so much to write about and zero time to do it, but I wanted to write a quick post to document that my kids are--for the most part-- just flat out RAD and I'm absolutely loving my classes...30 students today decided to take me up on what we've dubbed the Transcendental Challenge; they're attempting 8 days with no texting, no Facebook, and no instant messaging of any kind-- I'm SO proud of them. AND, Tim and I have the honor and privilege of attending Justin and Collen's wedding this upcoming weekend in SB. As busy and overloaded and DVR-Us-Weekly-deprived as I am, sometimes I'm not quite sure if life gets any better...

(And then, I stumble across the following badass picture of the one and only EAP, and I realize that actually, it does:)


pondering weak and weary? hardly...

No comments: