Thursday, July 3, 2008

We Only Get One Chance at This; In This Life it's Hit or Miss

"One More Song," Every Avenue

In the final weeks of school, my iPod mysteriously went missing from my classroom. I never figured out what happened; I was entirely too careless and trusting with my material possessions in general this past year, and so this was probably a lesson a long time coming. In any case, rather than getting angry and frustrated at my students, I decided to make the (ignorant and naive?) assumption that anything could have happened...perhaps it fell out of my bag? Maybe a substitute janitor swiped it during the night shift? Maybe it will actually reappear somewhere down the road and I'll realize it had been underneath the passenger seat of my car all along? (It's not, I checked).

Being the thoughtful and generous individual that he is, Tim promptly ordered me a new, identical iPod off eBay. It's sleek and unscathed and perfect, and the I Love You Joshua inscription on the back is an added bonus. I have spent the last few days recreating various playlists and adding songs to my new iPod, and through this process have been using Tim's mp3 CDs and iPod to find songs. Generally speaking, Tim has good taste in music. We like a lot of the same artists and songs; finding a steady flow of music we both agree on during road trips is usually an easy task. However, in looking through Tim's iPod, I feel it is necessary to post some of the title highlights:

"Sippin on Da Syrup," 36 Mafia
"Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover," Sophie B. Hawkins
"Faded," Soul Decision
"Miami Vice" Theme Song
"Whoop There It Is," Tag Team
"She's So High," Tal Bachman

Really?

So. In an effort to equalize the embarrassment factor, I guess I should name a few awkward and pathetic happenings in my own life. To start, and speaking of iPods, mine has the NSYNC Christmas Album in its entirety.

AND, my new obsession is One Tree Hill...(HOW this show escaped my "terrible-night-time-soap-that-Chelsea-will-love" radar before, I'll never know!) I have watched hours of Youtube clips over the past week in an effort to get caught up for the next season premiere. Pathetically dismal, I know.

And finally, today I was out doing errands for a few hours, and I found a yellow Gobstopper at the bottom of my purse. And I ate it. I haven't had Gobstoppers in at least a year, which gives you a time frame when trying to figure out how long that thing had been in there.

I guess that probably beats out having a few bad songs on your iPod.



Despite your sometimes questionable taste in music...it's impossible not to love you.

No comments: